Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life is a bowl of cherries (but remember you dont get cherries without the pitts)

Warning: This post is a change of tone from the usual frisky and care free....those of you who like to avoid real feelings should turn back now before it is too late!!!!!

A midweek post? yup...thought that I would throw you all off a little ...and I felt the need to express myself.....just in case you were wondering life isn't perfect.....well at least mine isn't! Don't get me wrong, it is pretty great alot of the time, but nothing is ever perfect. Take cherries for instance...these perfect little yummy fruits and you put them in your mouth and chew this perfect taste and then phooey....a big ol pit right in there and you have to spit it out....the cherry is yummy...the pitt sucks.....pittless cherries sound good....life without pitts sounds good too doesn't it? Can anyone relate to my ramblings??
So as you might guess I am having a little bit of an off week....a pitt week we will call it....last week was the cherry.....maybe it is because my mom and aunt have come and gone and I am unsure of when my next visitors will be (and that gives me something to really look forward to).....maybe it is because I miss my awesome awesome job and colleagues.....maybe it is because my two cousins both had little baby girls just weeks after I left and I didn't get to meet them, hold them or smell them (don't babies just smell so perfect?) and touch their perfect little feet....maybe it is because I haven't had a real shower in almost 3 months....maybe it is because I want to call a few people to touch base and say hello but it is so expensive that I must choose eating over my need for contact! Maybe it is because my home church, Cornerstone has finally finished their beautiful new church and I wasn't there for the first service (and I miss my choir....oh do I miss them) Or a combo of all of the above....I don't know, but whatever it is I am missing home this week...it probably doesn't help that Monty is too and he has been a little weepy and asking me if we can go home soon for a visit....or that his hockey team won the provincial championships (yeah team) and he wasn't there to celebrate the victory with them....anyway just so you all know.....I MISS YOU......more than you can imagine.....and it isn't Saba's fault.....I love the sunshine here, I am meeting some wonderful people and having some very neat experiences.....but I miss sitting in the office chatting with Stacey and Mary Lou about nothing and everything, I miss chatting with Cathy, Carol, Cheryl, Krista, Melissa, Bruce,Mike (yes Mike you too)Beth, etc etc......I miss being able to pick up the phone and call Tina or Elysa or Sandra and just talk for 3 hours.......I miss mom just popping over to bring the boys a treat or to have a cup of tea.....all the little things that make life special and interesting......I miss them.....ahhh it feels good just to acknowledge it......
So to all of my wonderful family and friends out there....thanks for being you and being a special part of my life and and making me the me I am......I feel so blessed to know you all.....even if you do drive me crazy sometimes.....I will be praying a special blessing over all of you for this coming week ....Take care dear friends.......

No comments: