Monday, March 29, 2010

Is that a tarantula???? (funny Dawn story)

I almost forgot to tell you this funny story....it happened while my mom was here....so one evenign after karaoke Idol (lol) my mom and I were coming home......as i stuck my key in the door and leaned over to unlock the door, I felt something land on my head.....i thought what the heck is that??? I felt around but there was nothing there....my mom searched my head and nothing....I looked on teh ground, still nothing....mom says maybe you are just imagining it? I said no way I felt something big land on my head! She says well its gone now so lets get inside! I said I am a bit creeped out, there are alot of tarantulas here in Nevis....what if it was one of them?? (we had a very very ugly spider in our house the week before....about the size of my fist....ick I am still shivering) Anyway we enter the house and I have the creepy jeepys because i know something fell on my head.....as i walk across the living room my mother starts screaming bloody murder...."your back your back, its on your back....omg omg....its on you.....of course I am thinking "what? what? what?" so I start screaming and trying to grab at my back, trying to haul my shirt off, of course it is a dress so isn't coming off the way a shirt would.....the screaming is so loud and it is midnight so of course the kids are in bed adn the neighbor downstairs is very likely asleep as is her baby!! Joe comes running out in a panic as he is pretty sure that Jason from Friday the 13th is hacking us to bits....lol.....my mom is still screaming and pointing to my back....I have now scratched my back to shreds trying to rid myself of what I am certain is a big hairy tarantula......"get it off, get it off" I keep screaming....Joe starts to laugh hysterically, he grabs my hand and says stop....its ok....its just a gecko......a big ass gecko mind you, but a harmless gecko! Anyway I start laughing and my mother is still freaking cause geckos and tarantualas are all just as icky to her.....the gecko jumps off and runs for cover.....anyway quite the scene people! I'm just glad it was just a gecko!

No comments: