Friday, June 11, 2010

The road less travelled......

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;
5

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,
10

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.
15

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference

This has forever been one of my favorite poems......Most of you who know me well, know that I don't often take the "easy" route.....that I don't always follow the conventional path, that I like to go "against the grain" a little....it's just my personality......this poem has been in my head alot lately. We have alot going on in our household in paradise and I thought that I would share some of it with y ou.....at least get some of it down in writing while it is pressing to be released. So.....we have been struggling with a few decisions over the past month.....the two choices are 1) all of us to remain in Nevis until Joe is finished with his 5th semester (december) or 2) The kids and I move back to PEI after this semester (end of august) so that the kids can start the school year fresh. We have been back and forth and back and forth and then back and forth again trying to figure out what is best for us as a family......and we have finally come to a decision.......the boys and I will be returning home August 23......back to PEI......the main reason for this is that Monty is starting junior high and he really wanted to start with his peers and we wanted him to be able to have a smooth transition back to the educational system in Canada. Although he has learned many many valuable things here in the Caribbean, the education system hasn't always been on par so it has been a bit of a worry by times, especially with Monty. Over the last month, Monty has been strongly voicing that it is time for him to go "home" to be with his family, his friends, his school....he is ready to be a Canadian again, ready to play in the snow, ready to go to walmart, read to play hockey (he is a peewee now so will be checking and he is totally pumped about that....yikes) Christian has also jumped on the bandwagon and he wants to go home too....he misses his Nana, his puppies, Bernie and his friends. So with both of the kids feeling strongly about going home, Joe and I started talking about the pros and cons of this decision. I was quite opposed initially because well lets face it people, who wants to give up paradise??? not I said the fly.....I have absolutely enjoyed this adventure so much and I am so grateful that we had this experience.....I can't believe that 20 months has gone this quickly! So as you can imagine I have ALOT of emotions right now.....excitement to go home too, back to my country, my friends, family, my job, my choir (oh my blessed choir...sigh) my church family, all of the wonderful things that I know are waiting.......sadness, because I can't believe that I have to leave all of my friends here, my horses, the lifestyle, the weather, the beauty of the caribbean, the adventure.....it's going to be a big adjustment. We have all really enjoyed our time here...some of us more than others (right Joey?) LOL.....I am going to try to sum up our time here over the next few blog entries......so keep checking back :)
so I just basically wanted you to know that we are coming home.....soon......August 23 and we can't wait to see you all.
I have to run, I'll be back soon.
Love D

No comments: