Monday, February 9, 2009

You can't turn the video camera sideways to take video...it is NOT like an Ipod touch!

Howdy friends!
Well, another wonderful weekend in Saba....really they just keep getting better and better.....we had such a great time that we didn't want the fun to end sooooo today I had the day off and I let the kids play hooky (is that so bad?) so that they could enjoy an extra day as well.....Joe's parents are here to visit, they arrived yesterday morning bright and early and they will be here until Thursday....so I figured since they will only be here for 5 days that a day off from school would help maximize their play time together......that is my story and I am sticking to it.....anyway we have been having a great time. Yesterday we went down to the harbor and the fellas (Monty, Joe and Grampy) went snorkeling...the boys were very impressed....Christian went for a swim but didn't snorkel...and I sat contently on the rocks by the water, watching and soaking up the rays (I have been soaking up a few too many rays these days...but I just can't stop....it is kind of like a Lays chip....betcha can't eat just one.....well you can't just hang out in the sun once.....I think that I may be turning into an iguana.....seriously I would just sit out on a hot rock in the sun all day long....so it stings a little....and my skin is florescent red some of the time.....but lately it is turning into a brown red.....so I am thinking that goal #2 (tanned) is well underway! Goal #1 has not been started.....(skinny) I continue to feast regularly on french fries and chocolate (hey gotta have a few vices!) So today we all went down to the tidal pools (well minus Joe because he was writing exams....sucker! ha ha...just kidding dear.....) I drove down for the first time myself.....it was a bit scary but I did it so I am very impressed with myself.....the road is very steep and twisty and you are 1000 feet up so it is a bit of a daunting task....describing it here can in no way give you a clear pic of what I am talking about....but when you come to visit you will see for yourself! (don't look down!)we had a great time climbing around the volcanic rock and then we played in the man made tidal pool for a while...Monty went snorkeling again and they saw lots of fish there as well....tomorrow we are going out on a boat with Sea Saba to go snorkeling in the ocean (It is Snorkel week, didnt you know?) I am a little nervous so haven't decided if I will snorkel....and if I am honest, I am quite anxious to let Monty snorkel there as well...it might have something to do with the depth of the water (23 feet) or the abundant shark population...not sure....but I guess I have to let him do it....he really wants to do and his Dad and Grampy will be out there too.....and maybe his mother if she ever gets up the nerve to get in the water....(is that the jaws music playing in the background?) So today I took lots of pictures and I decided to take some video of Grampy and Monty climbing closer and closer to the tide pool, where huge waves were crashing in through the rocks.....it was quite cool to watch....so I started videoing and I decided that if I turned the camera I could get a better view of the scene....not thinking that now the video was sideways!!! What a spaz....not until we uploaded it onto the computer and I saw the results of my fine cinematography skills did I realize what i had done! What a spaz....I tell you....I thought moving to a new country that the Dawn stories might level off...but they just keep coming! All in all a perfect, sunny +30, fun filled weekend.
A few other highlights for the week:
-The boys were invited to a big birthday party with about 30 kids in the park...their first here on Saba...adn they had a blast! It was a great party.....
-we have been assisting in raising an orphaned baby goat....we are bottle feeding her a few times a day.....she is sooooo sweet, her name is Addy and we just love her (check out the pics on facebook)
-Joe has been studying for block exams (today and tomorrow) so he has been very busy
-I am becoming a real Saba driver and I no longer go under 20 all the time (much to the pleasure of the Saban folk)
-we have become experts at catching lizards
-We have been having a ball on the trampoline!
Anyway lots of fun stuff going on.....only work and school getting in the way of this being one great big party! But I guess those are necessary parts of life as well!!
I better run and get to bed. I have to get up bright and early in the am to get to work....my Grade 6's are writing exams tomorrow....exams that I wrote....tee hee.......
So take care, God Bless and talk to you soon!

No comments: