Wednesday, November 12, 2008

7 weeks and counting!

I can't believe that in 7 weeks we will be packed (hopefully) and leaving PEI for the Caribbean....it really is surreal, I almost don't believe it.....I am very excited in many ways, excited about the sunshine and the warmth (I hate this cold,dreary, cloudy weather) and not having to work full time (maybe not at all) and getting to spend more time with the boys and just living a laid back, simple lifestyle.....it all sounds great.....having said that, I am still me, you know the crazy lady with ANXIETY....so of course, you know it can't be a worry-free transition! So, yes I am nervous and slightly terrified to move to a totally different country!! and yes I have lost a few hours (ok full nights...who am I kidding?) sleep on the thought of the the extremely huge amounts of money that we will owe after we have finished this crazy adventure. I am also worried for the kids and their transition and how they will adapt, will they make some special friends, will they like it etc? I know that we will be creating some unforgettable memories for our family and in 20 years the kids will look back at pictures and say "Mom, remember Saba, remember when we lived in the Caribbean for those 2 years and ......" unfortunately when you are 5 and 10 you don't appreciate the concept of the "big picture". So both of them are excited but a little scared too (understandably). We have spent alot of time looking up Saba stuff on the internet so it has been fun, and we have purchased things from people leaving the island that will be waiting for us there (like all kinds of toys, fishing rods, games, books) so the boys are excited about all that. So many people have commented to us that we are so lucky, so blessed that we have such an amazing opportunity, to do something many people only dream of....and I know that they are right....it is an amazing opportunity and WE ARE BLESSED! Funny thing about blessings though....they are never simple, never just a blessing....with blessing comes change and adjustment and then personal growth ( and growth implies growing pains...ouch) etc....so it is never easy, never just a blessing....does that make sense? I have grown a little too comfortable and complacent in my life and I am about to have my world flipped around a bit, I know it will be amazing and fun and adventures that I could never dream of from where I sit right now....BUT I also know that I like my comfortable life...ahhh nothing is ever easy is it.....so we are in the final phase of planning to leave....getting ready to post for sale signs on everything, slowly packing things up, getting all the paperwork ready, the immunizations etc etc.....7 weeks....WOW......so close that I can almost touch it! Anyway thanks for listening (reading) I will post more in the weeks to follow....take care.....God Bless, Dawn

No comments: