Sunday, November 23, 2008

Looking forward....and back

Time is flying......we are down to 5 and 1/2 weeks until we leave for our 20 month adventure in the Caribbean......the lists are a flyin'.....immunizations...check...dog travel arrangements...check....boxes and tape...check.....criminal record check...check.....you get the picture....it is alot of work to make this all happen! I am SOOOOO excited, anxious, terrified, thrilled (to escape this snow...ick), sad....I don't think that I have ever felt so many intense emotions at one time! I anticipate that it will be like this for a little while until we are moved and settled (thank God that I have a patient and laid back hubby who is quite capable of managing me with all these emotions ;) I am looking ahead to an awesome opportunity, an exciting adventure, an opportunity of a lifetime and imagining all of the possibilities....and I am looking behind at what I am leaving....beloved friends and family, an amazing church family (just when they are about to move into the new sanctuary!) , my choir (oh I will miss my choir), a great job and my 15 year old Eskie, Nikki (she is too old to make the trip and lets face it...an Eskimo dog in the Caribbean??) So I am trying very hard not to look back too long (remember Lot's wife?) I know that God has some amazing plans in store for us and some life changing experiences and I must go forward with joy and embrace this for the blessing that it is! Joe is so excited, I don't think that he has any reservations AT ALL....I mean it....he is just so darn happy to be going to medical school, it has been his dream for so long and he has worked so hard....he is like "let's get on with the show people" He has been a wonderful source of encouragement and strength for me (see I knew I kept him around for a reason...tee hee...) He is very positive about it all and calm, cool and collected.....( I guess that someone has to be!) The kids are mixed...both excited in many ways and both sad to leave their family and friends behind (just like their mama)....they keep asking "how many months until we come home, Mom?" I am sure that 20 months seems like a lifetime to them, but I keep encouraging them by reminding them how many people are going to come visit us on our tropical island.....they love the idea of people coming to visit!
Anyway just wanted to write a quick update to let you know how we are progressing in our "moving" plan! Slowly we are getting there and before you know it we will be in Saba (and in shorts...Hallelujah!) I can't wait to see and feel the warm sun....I am pretty sure I am just going to lay outside (in the shade of course or I will be a very interesting shade of RED) and feel the heat....I'll be thinking of all you chilly folk up here, shovelling snow for the 43rd time.....

Have a great night, God Bless,
Dawn

No comments: