Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm not a fan of goodbye.....

well....in less than 4 weeks we will be departing for Saba....I have been keeping so busy getting organized that I have been ignoring the goodbyes, partly because I am so busy getting organized but also because I have learned over the past year or two that I am not a fan of goodbye....I'm a huge fan of hellos and welcomes (meeting new people, getting to know them, new babies etc) and I enjoy the part in the middle (getting to know people on a deeper level) but goodbyes....nope.....I am the person who cries when I see an airport, whether I or anyone I know is going on a plane ( because I have had my fair share of goodbyes at airports and I am now conditioned to cry at the sight of one!) So these next few weeks are going to be intense...with lots of crying...I am planning to head out today to stock up on the expensive kleenex with the moisturizers in it so that when I am blowing my nose and wiping my eyes 100 times a day, I won't be all chafed....I had my first "taste of goodbye" today when one of my friends at church started talking about much she would miss me and she told me that Monty's class is having a surprise party for him on the 18th and the kids are all excited planning for it....it made my heart ache and she opened the goodbye door (that I was trying to keep deadbolted shut!!) and that was it....I was crying .....I am really excited about our moving but I think I was ignoring the part where moving meant goodbye and uh oh, there is alot of work to be done now to prepare.....I know that we will do well, but my life has been here for so long, my dear friends and family, my church family, my choir, my wonderful colleagues, this has been our life....and it is going to hurt alot to leave it all behind.....You are all so dear to me and the thought of not being able to get together for a coffee or a chat is very sad for me (please come for a coffe and visit me in Saba).....anyway for those of you who aren't up for the emotions of the next weeks I would advise you to not read my blog until well into the new year.....for the rest of you....I ask for you help and support as I challenge myself to grow and be successful at saying goodbye....
God Bless, Dawn

No comments: